Monday 31 July 2017

Welcome to London

Welcome to London

Illustrated by Marcos Farina
Published by Button Books


Thinking of taking the children into London this summer holiday? Then check this book out before you do! Welcome to Marcos Farina's vision of London; he explores most well-known landmarks, offers interesting facts, and suggests activities and things to look out for when in the capital. A beautiful book that will make you want to visit London!




With beautiful end papers, there's so much beautiful imagery to explore per page, I think you will continue to find something new each time you open this book. This delightful book references a variety of transport, people, locations and well known buildings, there's even a few film references that show London. I like the spread that explored the different bridges that can be found and trees in Hyde Park. And if you plan to visit the History Museum, there's a reference to the new blue whale exhibition that replaced the Dippy the Diplodocus within the entrance.





I like how the illustrations include a variety of different coloured people, shapes and animals to represent the diversity of people that live and visit London; it allows the illustrator to keep his limited colour palette and works well. You can see that the illustrator has a Graphic Design background; good character design, bold and colourful, each spread is varied in its composition and layout. My daughter is a little too young for this book at the moment, which I'm selfishly glad about as I might keep this one all for myself!


You can find out more information here about the illustrator and book.

3 comments:


  1. TODAY I GOT MY DESIRED XMAS LOAN AMOUNT $520,000.00 FROM A RELIABLE AND TRUSTED LOAN COMPANY. IF YOU NEED A LOAN NOW EMAIL CONTACT drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Hello, I'm here to testify of how i got my loan from BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE(drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com) I don't know if you are in need of an urgent loan to pay bills, start business or build a house, they offer all kinds of loan. So feel free to contact Dr. Benjamin Owen he holds all of the information about how to obtain money quickly and painlessly without cost/stress via Email: drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Consider all your financial problems tackled and solved ASAP. Share this to help a soul right now THANKS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone i want to share my amazing testimony on how Dr Wealth transformed my financial life, i still finds it difficult to believe that i now worth millions of dollars, am from US i have been playing lotto for so long and i have never win any reasonable amount, i was glancing through things online and i came across a testimony of a woman who won a very huge amount of money with the help of Dr Wealth who prayed for her and gave her a winning numbers to play, and surprisingly her name came out among the winners she won 36 million dollars, so i also decided to try my luck i contacted Dr Wealth and i also asked him for help and he told me what i needed to do which was a very easy task which i did and on the second day after he has made prayers for me he gave me some numbers and told me that i should go and play them so i went to play the number in the morning and on Tuesday i went to check the result there i got the shock of my life, i saw my name amongst the winners list i won an amount i have never dreamed of, my mouth was open and i didn't know what to say, i just want the world to know that there is a great man called Dr Wealth, if you have been playing lotto game and you never won i will advice you to contact Dr Wealth for help and i promise he will never fail you, here are his contacts, you can email him on Drwealthmag@gmail. com you can also WhatsApp him on +13022040295. GOODLUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so thankful to ethicsrefinance@gmail.com, they did hack for me and successfully transfer the some of $40,000 to my bank account they are the best , i'm happy working with them via (ethicsrefinance@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete